This week I’m going to share ten things that I use every day (or almost).
I like to try new things, but here are ten that I always come back to.
- Ultra Fine Tip Black Sharpies – I use these for everything. With the exception of marking in my Bible, because that would just make a mess. I’m a huge list-maker (although not such a great follow-through-er), and these are always my pens of choice. I may or may not compulsively buy them whenever I see them at the store.
- Cute, Dangle Earrings – Right now my favorite pair are cupcakes. Does that really surprise anyone, though? Maybe if I limited myself to this kind of cupcake I wouldn’t be so fat.
- Orbit Bubblemint Gum – I don’t chew this every day. But if I chew gum, this is the only kind I like. I think my current dislike of gum stems from my girls chomping like cows. I probably chew like that too, but it annoys me to no end when they stand over my shoulder gobbling their gum in my ear. Eek!
- Glitter – I love this in all forms. Paper, paint, traditional, eye shadow, cards. You name it, if it has glitter on it, I’ll probably like it. It doesn’t bother me to that we’re all constantly covered in it, or that my house is always sparkly. In fact, we kind of like it (excluding Jeremy who is, all things considered, pretty understanding).
- Lypsyl lip balm – being a lip balm/chapstick/lip gloss aficionado, I would know. Gone are the days of Loreal. Gone are the days of Chapstick (blech). And most definitely, gone are the days of Carmex, that addicting, wretched substance that I held to for so long (note ADDICTIVE). Hello, perfectly smooth, honey-infused lips. How I love you.
- Ruffles – Okay, let me clarify. I don’t wear ruffles. At least, not often. (Tell the truth – how many of you are picturing those awful 80’s floral dresses with the ruffled lacy collar and shoulder pads? I thought so.) There are some ruffly things I would wear, but I don’t own any of them. My girls wear them. A lot. Plus, I find myself putting them on everything these days. Zippered pouch? A ruffle would be perfect. Cute skirt that needs a little something? Perhaps a ruffle would liven it up. Headband deemed “un-fancy” by your wild child? ADD A RUFFLE!! And then there’s ruffled fabric. I love, love, LOVE the new pre-ruffled fabric. Although not so much the $15/yd price tag. So ruffles may be a stretch on the every day thing, but between the girls and my zillion and two projects, it’s a close one.
- My iPhone – Oh magical little box.
- Rotary Cutter - I use this puppy every day. It’s sliced everything from fabric to paper to hair (that one wasn’t on purpose) to fingers (again, not on purpose). I could never go back to just scissors again.
- Victoria Secret Bombshell – I’ve been using this for about three (four?) years now, ever since it first hit the stores. It’s the perfect not-too-strong scent. Love it.
- Eyebrow pencil – This is one of my dirty little secrets. Let me tell you why. Back in the day (before I became the perfect daughter that I am now) I may have teased my mom about drawing her eyebrows on. (It may have been Ang, though. My memory isn’t what it used to be.) Unlike my poor mom, I have the world’s bushiest eyebrows. Like…Abraham Lincoln. (Yes, I googled his picture to make sure it was a good comparison. Whatev.) Since moving away from my eyebrow groomer (Ang again.) my efforts to control the ridonckulousness growing over my eyes has become an obsession. Unfortunately that overzealousness has left me with some very odd, very bald spots that don’t seem to want to grow back. All of the weird strays grow back, just not the one’s that would actually help. (Why does that not surprise me?) So, in desperation, I’ve turned to the eyebrow pencil to fill in the blanks. If I use no other makeup I WILL pencil in a few fake eyebrows. Ironic, huh?
Wow, that went from love list to true confessions really quickly.
I better quit before I divulge any more of my secrets.
If you need me I’ll be in the bathroom…grooming my eyebrows.