They can be and do so many different things. They can make you laugh, make you cry, haunt you, embarrass you, have you wishing you were ten years younger again, or make a bad day seem better. There are songs, books, and memoirs written about them, there are people who just don’t seem to have them (ahem…Jeremy), people who live on them, and people who exaggerate them. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have some fond memories or the other that they like to dredge up now and then. Here are some of mine. I know all of the people I will mention do not read this blog, but that’s okay.
- Tori, Lanae, Humphreys, Aaron, Jason, Ang, and maybe a few others – went white water rafting in Denali….that was one of the most fun things I have ever done, and something I had dreamed of doing for years. What a blast!
- Jenn – We watched Phantom of the Opera for the first time (while pigging out on mac & cheese and Dr Pepper) and loved it so much we made Phil sit down and watch it when he got home
- Jonny and Davy – When we got to spend those few days together while your mom and dad went to Anchorage and Jonny had his “accident” (that part is only good now because it’s over!) and we ate all kinds of bad stuff for us and watched movies and jumped on the beds and stuff!
- Reb, Jo, Caleb, Ang, Jordy, Phil, Tobi – That wild four wheeler ride in Chitina where we all came back looked like swamp monsters? I’ve never been so dirty in all my life!
- Amber, Jade, Ang – That insane trip to Anchorage!!!
- Caleb, Phil – The two o’ clock fishing trip and the Star-Spangled Banner
- Ang, Jeremy, Jake – When Buddy tried to kill me (not one of my favorites but definitely one that will stick with me forever!)
- Rebekah, Joanna, Mrs. Humphrey, mom – probably my favorite Anchorage trip ever, I will never forget Mrs. Humphrey going off of her diet to eat all the good food and how enthusiastic she was and how she and mom STOMPED us girls when it came to marathon shopping!
- Ryan – Too many to pick one, I just know I always smile when I think of you. All laughs.
- My fam – Our family trip to Texas and our trips to the beach in Oregon, and Christmas Eves
- Humphrey family – our Thanksgiving dinners. It will never be quite the same without being there.
- Phil and Jenn, Aaron, Dave, and Noah – Our all-Friday night discussions about anything and everything…again a lot of laughs.
- Kaycee – you refereeing the badminton games in Ninilchik
- Laura and Pam– How yall fought over who was going to carry the wild purple bag into Bostons that night :O)
- Larissa – The letters and then finally getting to meet you and the time we spent together
- Jordan – All those ridiculous dares we did just to prove we were morons
- Reb – Beautiful 4th of July’s surrounded by weeks of rain on either side
- Tori – Our pizza hut dates
- Lanae and Mrs Clark – I will never forget the work you did on my wedding; beautiful.
- Danielle –the day you gave me that cross necklace
I could probably go on for a while, but those are just a few that came to mind. I seem to find myself doing this about once a year. Oh well, theraputic, I suppose.
What are some of your favorite memories?