One of my favorite writers is Elizabeth George, author of Woman After God’s Own Heart.
A few years ago I picked up a copy of one of her sequels, A Mother After God’s Own Heart, and instantly loved it.
I love her writing style, I love the way she makes you feel like you, the reader, are one of her close friends, and I especially love the approach she takes in writing about her chosen topics.
Today has been one of those days, ya know?
I don’t feel very well, the kids have cried about
EV-ER-Y-thing, I dumped flour all over the floor….twice.
Just one of those days.
So I figured it would be the perfect time for a reminder of the 10 ways to love your children that Elizabeth covers in the book.
- Take Time to Nurture Your Heart
- Teach Your Children God’s Word
- Talk to Your Children About God
- Tell Your Children About Jesus
- Train Your Children in God’s Ways
- Take Care of Your Children
- Take Your Children to Church
- Teach Your Children to Pray
- Try Your Best
- Talk to God About Your Children
For me, those last two really hit home tonight.
Sometimes it’s good to just have a reminder. I’m never going to be perfect. Just do my best, and give the rest to God.