So, I never did get around to making my list of goals for my 33rd year.
I’ve thought about it several times, and I may get around to it yet, but I wouldn’t hold my breath or anything.
What I HAVE compiled is a list of 40 things that I would like to accomplish before I’m (gulp) 40.
I’ve had this list half written for several years now, and decided if I actually want a shot at completing anything I better finish it.
I do better with clear goals in mind.
So, in no particular order…here it is.
40 BEFORE 40
- Tour the East Coast (we’re purposely holding off on this until our kids are a little older)
- Learn Calligraphy
- Visit Amber
- Learn to sing harmony *snicker* Yeah, right.
- Go back to Alaska
- Grown peonies and/or a beautiful flowerbed in front of my house
- Read a biography or autobiography of every president
- Make myself clothing that I will actually WEAR
- Learn to swim (better) and teach the girls
- Complete “My Life” journal
- Create a beautiful quilt
- Host a girlfriends crafting weekend
- Donate Blood (How have I still not done this?!)
- Be able to do pullups
- Reach goal weight/size
- Teach girls to bake/cook
- Learn to take exceptional photos
- Crochet a blanket
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Keep mother/daughter journal
- Make a multi-course, authentic Chinese meal and eat with chopsticks
- Memorize 100 Bible verses
- Take girls to the ballet
- See replica of the ark
- Learn to draw
- Make the master bedroom into a haven
- Teach girls to play piano
- Backpack the entire trail in Oklahoma
- Switch to re-useable napkins/paper towels
- Complete an art journal
- Visit Hawaii
- Invest in a telescope and learn the constellations with the girls
- Keep a year-long gratitude journal and make daily entries
- Run a 10K
- Write Psalms in my own words (dad said he did this in college and I’ve wanted to try it ever since)
- Make beautiful cakes
- Paint a watercolor
- Teach the girls to sew
- Have a day filled with RAOK’s towards others
- Let go. Probably the hardest, but most necessary.