Since I shared a few weeks ago about some of the things I love and miss about Alaska, I thought it would be only fair to also make a list of some of the great things about Texas.
Also…to appease my husband. ;)
- The sunsets. Texas may not have mountains or eagles or snow, but one thing it does really well is sunsets. They’re beautiful, striking, bold. Just wide open sky streaked with color.
- The old towns. I’m sure that the towns here have nothing on many in the Eastern states, but since I grew up in the Northwest and Alaska where everything is relatively new, I love seeing old courthouses and town squares.
- Fireflies. They’re awesome.
- The shopping. There’s pretty much nothing you can’t find down here. And if you use coupons and shop deals it’s a pretty awesome place to score some deals. Plus, hello, all the craft stores are down here!
- Thunderstorms. The storms in Texas are wild and violent and awesome. I love em.
- Central Market. I guess this could technically fall under shopping, but it’s such a cool store that I thought it deserved its own slot.
- I know Jerm is going to shudder when he reads this, but I like living near a big city. Want to go to a zoo? No problem. Want to catch a play? No biggie (I’m still kind of upset that I didn’t take the girls to see Mary Poppins last month).
- Temple. It’s the perfect, lovely, little town. It doesn’t hurt that grandma lives there.
- Hello! George W. Bush lives here.
- The bluebonnets in the springtime. Gorgeousness.